Worcester Danesmore 26/32 not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Oil fired boiler not igniting, Have chased the fuel to the solenoid and its not passing this point on the danfoss bfp 11 pump. Replaced the solenoid coil and still no joy. There is a voltage to the solenoid but I have only checked it with a light up screwdriver. Do the Injectors sometimes jam? Or could the control box need replacing? fan blows, filters clear, ignitor sparking, just not getting any oil to the burner feedpipe.

Sponsored Links
Might be the pump coupling, nozzle blocked, or pump valve not opening.

Stripped and cleaned the pump. Must be the valve. Are they available as a spare or does the whole pump need replacing?

What voltage is being applied to the solenoid coil?

Sponsored Links
A faulty photocell will also cause problems.

Noticed the manual is very vague. Not even a wiring diagram.

nortimax wrote:
Stripped and cleaned the pump. Must be the valve. Are they available as a spare or does the whole pump need replacing?

most likely now
Where is the logic here?? 13 volts on solenoid coil and the pump is faulty!

The solenoid will never open with that voltage. If you have a spare coil connector connect coil to mains via a seperate switch. Now run boiler and after about 8 seconds switch on supply to coil - does boiler now run?

Remember if the photocell is defective or it sees any light during the 20 second pre-purge time then the control box will go into lockout mode.

A lot of Info all at once. There are 3 connections on the solenoid, I checked left and right and ignored the smaller bottom connector. How can a control valve suddenly drop on voltage? Just trying to get my head around this. The boiler is not going to lockout. Just keeps running with the oil shut. Have cleaned the photocell and relaced it. It's in the dark

most likely now ;)

No

unfourtunately yes.
Ive never known anyone who stripped one who ever had a successfull outcome, ie they are not user friendly and disposable.

clearly with 13v at the solenoid it wont open.
people or home owners jump in where angels fear to tread.

better to play with cars they require no qualification yet :evil:

The pump was very easy to strip down to filter level, the valve came out easy too. Went back together no problem. Why play with cars? What do you need to work on oil fired boilers? I live just outside a rural area with LOTS of oil fired appliances just up the road. I cant afford to do CORGI being on my own in a house on a mortgage. Sick to death of bathrooms and clearing s*** from drains. Yes one disgruntled very well qualified plumber with over 20 years experience but looking at my first oil fired boiler. Just asking for a bit of help.

Just tried the origional solenoid with 240v across it, very frisky and picks a screwdriver up. Gets hot too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back