Danfoss HPA2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two 2 port Danfoss HP2A motorised valves on my system and it seems as though I am replacing alternate actuators every year or so, is there an alternative actuator that that is more reliable and a direct replacement?

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately for Danfoss, the trade prefer using the Honeywell units.

They feature a plastic or rubber ball which is motored away on a pivot arm from the brass valve seating, and returns by spring. By using a ball, it is very difficult to get stuck with detritus. A further feature to promote longevity in the Honeywell design is that the ball itself is free to rotate, in principle allowing wear to be apportioned across the entire circumference.

Some other makes use machined brass inserts which are rather intolerent to flakes of rust and other solids in the water seizing up the action.

If you are changing any quality make of valve every two years it suggests your system has a lot of cack in solution........ not good :eek: .

Hi simon

Thanks for a quick reply, I didn't word my question very well it is the actuator that I'm replacing

One of the Sunvics fits, but I can't remember which...
It may well be just the motor in the head which is failing. They're cheaper, but can be a fiddle to fit.

Sponsored Links
Oh the Danfoss valve. Usually the mirco switch fails and it can fail on even when the valve is shut. Letting the boiler and pump run untill its boils. Happened on my own system, different valve fitted now.

I changed the valve completely but as ChrisR says Sunvic do one but can't remember which.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back