HPA 2 Danfoss Actuator Issues!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
After posting my problems last week, I think it boils down to this little tinker as the source of my problem - the Danfoss HPA2 Actuator.

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement actuator for me, if possible with the easy fit square plug option?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Myson power extra or personally I'd remove & fit Honeywell's

That will be the microswitch and danfoss don't do replacements.
Just as well because they are rubbish.

I fitted relays to mine for a few quid which solved the issue.

Sponsored Links
Are there any Actuators out there which I can simply just fit and click so to speak. Replace actuator, fit retaining screws, and plug into the terminal, just like the HPA2 has now, instaed of wiring into the wiring centre?

thanks again folks

The HPA2 doesnt come with a plug in connector as you describe , it sounds as though whoever changed it last has used an inline connector, BG and SSE carry these as van stock and I think one of these has been used, all you would have to do is split the connector and rewire your new actuator in the same configuration then plug back in, if you post a pic of the connector I will be able to confirm if this is what you have

That is a new one on me mate I have never seen a connector like that on a Danfoss HPA2 I did hear that they were considering doing that about 2 years ago but have never seen that, why not contact danfoss direct ?

This is the second Danfoss Actuator, and as you've seen above, they're not worth wasting time on.
I'm looking for another that's as easy to fit - just plug in and you're away. I've been looking and Sunvic do an easy fit plug connection too, but not sure if they will fit.

Is the HPV22 Valve pretty universal for most actuators or am I restricted?

Cheers

You've got a pre-piped Range cylinder. It looks as though Range have put a nice little connector onto a standard Danfoss actuator to force you to pay an extortionate price for another head. Great little scam...they fit rubbish zone valves and screw you over each time they fail. These pre-pipe cylinder manufacturers often like to use ball valves on the pumps too...another way to boost income too when they leak.

As previously mentioned best long term option is the replace both zone valves with Honeywell.

Otherwise just get another Danfoss actuator and wire it directly into the wiring centre on the cylinder dispensing with the connector.

Hope you've ruled out a stuck/sticking spindle on the valve body. At some stage they either leak/seize.

Myson and Danfoss actuaters are not inter chageable. If only it was that easy.

I used a multifunction timer relay set with a 10 second ON delay.
And future proofed with a spare one for the other actuater.
That rules out the micro switches.
Forever!
I've yet to see the Danfoss synchron motor fail and its easy changed if it does.
Just a few wires and everything is tickity boo.
1kvt.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back