danfoss hpa 2 actuators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there ,
does any one out there have reoccuring problems with danfoss hpa2 actuator heads ,i have fitted 4 in four years on my own system,the micro switch for the pump/boiler control keeps sticking on causing the pump to run all the time with the valve shut.this valve is fitted to the central heating but the hotwater one is a drayton which has been ok,they are both wired together on the orange and grey wires so one valve doesnt take more electrical load than the other ,its beginning to get a bit expensive and frustrating the last valve only lasted a month ,the one before 18 months,are they poor quality or is there something im overlooking,just ordered a sunvic replacement now to see if that will last any longer.look forward to hearing any thoughts on this.

Sponsored Links
if you have to change a second head within warranty you should always change the whole valve, and if the first head failed within a year you should have it exchanged FOC, but it probably failed because the valve is sticking and burning it out.

Is ther plenty of airflow around it? Getting hot can cause premature failing of motorised valves.

I fit Danfoss as standard and have very, very few problems with them.

thanks for that chaps
the valves are in a aering cupboard but have room around them,the valve seems to move ok certainly shuts off ok under spring return ,just this switch fault almost like too much current causing contacts to arc and stick in switch but as i say the drayton unit has been fine since new (house is only 4 1/2 years old)its a pressurised system if this makes any difference? the drayton valve is switching exactly the same thing though so dont know where to go from here

Sponsored Links
If you've lost faith in the Danfoss, then drain down and replace with another Drayton.

Blimey charlie DIA I might be an auld duffer but even I knew what you meant

Last time I try to be funny

;)

how cool are you? :cool:

I wish I could say that

the closest i get is "from my drainage days"

:cry:

lmao

how cool are you? :cool:

I wish I could say that

the closest i get is "from my drainage days"

:cry:

lmao

Came out of hospital 14 years ago after having cancer for 7 years, and the only thing I ever regret in all this time is loosing my license :( :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back