Danfoss Thermostat set to off but radiators still on hot?!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post please be gentle!

We have recently bought our first house which has a Danfoss TPERF thermostat in the hallway and a unit next to and connected to the boiler. The thermostat has been to set up to the times/temp we would like, however i have noticed that when we set the temperature to low (i.e 5oC) or even to OFF, the boiler is still on and burning away and the radiators (which have valves to adjust their own heat) are constantly hot. I'm having to resort to switching the dial on the actual boiler to "hot water only" rather than hot water/radiators as the house gets too warm. I've no idea what could be wrong or how to resolve the matter, we have a young baby and with it getting colder it seems we either have to manually switch the radiators off at the boiler, or have the heating on constantly which will result in a HUGE gas bill! Ive attached photos... View media item 86288 View media item 86289 View media item 86288 [/img]

Sponsored Links
When the thermostat is turned right down, ie the heating should be OFF, does the CH1 light on the RX1 go off as it should?

No, i've switched the thermostat to "OFF" and the CH1 light is still lit and the boiler keeps firing up.

Sponsored Links
Solved it thanks for the help. Turns out the batteries were on the low side, enough power for the thermostat but not to transmit. After a full reset the battery icon started flashing. Seems to be working now!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back