Central Heating stays on regardless of programme settings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I noticed that the radiators were hot even though the danfoss FP715 programmer was in the off mode, the CH pump located in the airing cupboard is also constantly on. To recitfy this I have to swith the boiler off when not needed but if I would like to heat the water up for a bath the radiators get hot again even though the thermostat in the hallway is on 0 plus the CH pump is on regardless of all mentioned?

Sponsored Links
Do you have 2 motorized zone valves in the airing cupboard or just one?, is the boiler in a garage?

ollski said:
Do you have 2 motorized zone valves in the airing cupboard or just one?, is the boiler in a garage?
Not sure as I have been told that I have a single and a threeport?

If you have a 3 port valve then I would be looking at a boiler frost stat, but to be honest you haven't given us much (any) information about the system.

Sponsored Links
how long was it running for. Did you wait a short while ,cause some systems have pump overrun..

What boiler is it. Some control the pump from the pcb like the Baxi solo, potty suprima etc.

ollski said:
If you have a 3 port valve then I would be looking at a boiler frost stat, but to be honest you haven't given us much (any) information about the system.

I have 2 motorised valves, a danfoss which is for CH? and honewell for HW?

Could be either. Are they both in the airing cupboard next to your hw cylinder? if so the hot water one will be connectec to the pipe that enters the hw cylinder about 1/2 way up. The heating one will have apipe that disappears into the floor usually. Replace the ch valve head. Sounds like it has stuck.

I wouldn't rush into replacing the head. First determine whether or not the motor is moving and the actuator actuating.

If they are then the cause could 'simply' be debris on the valve ball/flap, in which the system would need cleaning out, although a new valve body would be a short-term remedy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back