danfoss tp9000 to Hive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I see @stem is a helpful member so I was hoping him or anyone would assist me.

The picture below is what it looked before

I put the wires from foss to hive
N 2 blue 1 grey > N
L 2 brown > L
3 > 1
4 > 2
5 > Removed (sensor)
6 > Removed (sensor)

For some reason it stays permanently live (hot) even with the stat turned off can anyone help me as to why?

I moved the wires from 1&2 to 3&4 but it wouldn’t fire up so I don’t know what I’ve done wrong

Attachments

• 4CEB73A8-0340-4EED-B016-AA14810B61BD.jpeg
    4CEB73A8-0340-4EED-B016-AA14810B61BD.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 745
Sponsored Links
Sadly it didn’t I don’t know what I’ve done wrong but it’s constantly on

(I’ve got it in ports 1 & 2 and nothing in 3&4 because 3&4 wouldn’t fire the boiler)

Do you have the correct version of the Hive receiver? You should have the Dual Channel version.

It is a straight swap of the wiring and disconnection of the remote sensor.

The TP9000 terminals are:

tp.JPG

In your photo as well as N & L you have wires in (3) DHW on and (4) HTG on

So the wires in:

N & L are self explanatory.

TP (3) DHW on goes to the Hive (dual channel version) (3) Hot Water on

TP (4) HTG on goes to the Hive (dual channel version) (4) Heating on

There won't be any connection to 1 or 2 (just as there wasn't at the TP. Your system doesn't required it)

The Hive terminals are just the same as the TP, but without the sensor terminals.

Hive.JPG

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi @stem yes I have the dual version.

I connected it in N L 3 & 4 but my boiler wouldn’t call for heat so I switched it to 1&2 and left nothing in 3&4 this worked but it wouldn’t shut off and was perm live so I turned off the boiler and come to this forum for guidance. Is there any reason why it wouldn’t call for heat in 3&4?

Thanks again

Terminals (1) and (2) only become live when the hot water (1) and heating (2) go off. Some systems with a 3-Port motorised valve use terminal (1), but terminal (2) is only used by a rare type of motorised valve known as a MOMO that requires an electrical signal to close it. They are extremely rare; almost as rare as hens teeth!

If wires weren't connected to (1) or (2) at the TP9000 you won't need to connect them to the Hive. They are used according to the heating system components you have.

At the end of the day, the TP and the Hive are identical (apart from the sensor in 5 & 6 which will be removed). You are swapping like for like.

Something is strange here, what you describe doesn't make any sense. I assume that the manual buttons on the front of the receiver don't do anything either.

The Hive wiring should look exactly the same as the TP, ie like this.

Capture.JPG

If you have mixed up two of the brown wires it could possibly cause the problems you describe.

All I can suggest is that you move the wires back to the TP and reconnect the remote sensor, then see it that still works, if it does then you know you have moved the wiring correctly and the problem is with the Hive receiver.

@stem i agree very strange as I removed the wires individually so there was zero mix up I’ll have ago again tonight and I’ll let you know I was hoping it would be simple but somethings playing up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back