Hive and Danfoss TP9000 self install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I currently thinking about buying Hive and have Danfoss TP9000 which is downstairs zone for heating and hotwater. Upstairs has TP5000 heating only but not replacing that just yet.

Was searching through forum on how to self install and seems like from what i have understood is to replace the wires like for like ie N,L,1,3,4

I know 5&6 terminals are for the TS2 remote sensor and not used with Hive so I can just put those in a choc bloc and hide.

Just want to clarify before i purchase

Thanks

IMAG1741.jpg
IMAG1742.jpg

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes, this is one of the easier swaps.

The terminals between both units do correspond, as well as the obviously marked N & L

Terminal 3 is Hot Water 'on'
Terminal 4 is Heating 'on'

And as you have worked out the wired remote sensor is no longer required. A bit odd that you are only converting half of the system, but I guess you plan to add the other bit later.

Brilliant, thank you very much.

I am not 100% on how to wire the upstairs yet. I found another poster's thread on here for same, so just trying to understand before asking questions, the TP5000 only has two wires from what i remember (need to remove and take pic) so not sure where in airing cupboard I am supposed to wire.

I will take some pics later and post here for advice on that one.

@stem

I managed to get a pic of the tp5000 and the unit next to the megaflo.

I am not sure which wires correspond to the choc bloc, could you possibly advise on this? this will be for the 2nd zone upstairs.

IMAG1770.jpg
IMAG1772.jpg

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately based on the photo of a junction box, neither can I, because I can't see what the other ends of the wires are connected to in order to work it out. However, one of them will likely go to the upstairs zone motorised valve's brown live wire.

The only way to be sure, is to check it with a a mutlimeter.

no probs, thanks for advice. May have to get someone in for this one. the white wires go into a white box that is attached onto the megaflo, would need to undo the cover on that to see which valves they are going to.

I may just get someone in for this one, although as someone has cut off the grey wire in tp5000, wondering if the lone grey wire at junction box could be that might turn off the power and remove the brown and do a continuity test with both. I'll see.

They have used a three core cable probably because it was what was available. The tp5000 is just a switch so it only needs two wires, when the thermostat turns the heating on the 'common' and 'normally open' terminals are connected together. It is probably the same at the other end.

I’m just looking into various smart systems and toying between Nest, Hive and Tado. That aside, it sounds like you have the same existing setup as I currently have. The TP9000 replacement sounds relatively straight forward in as much as there are lots of other posts and comments of people doing similar, but did you figure the TP5000 in the bedroom?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back