Replacing TP9000.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, looking for some advice please.

I live in a relatively new build 3 story townhouse in the UK with the Danfoss TP9000 thermostat / hot water programmer on the ground floor underneath my Ideal Logic Heat 15 boiler, a Danfoss TS2 sensor in the hall. Then I have a Range Tribune HE cylinder on the second/top floor and a Danfoss TP5000 (battery) thermostat on the second / top floor.

The TP9000 under the boiler is a pain in the neck as it is directly under the wall cupboard housing the boiler which makes it very hard to see for any programme alterations etc.

I'd like to replace just that programmer without going to full "smart" internet controls, and am considering a Salus Smart Controls RT520RF 7 Day Wireless Programmable OpenTherm Thermostat, which has the advantages of being portable, large screen/buttons and doesn't seem to require an internet connection etc. to perform it's functions.

Is this a suitable replacement, also possible and straightforward please?

Sponsored Links
Look at other manufacturers there are loads , Salus are absolute rubbish , you will regret ever going near them

Look at other manufacturers there are loads , Salus are absolute rubbish , you will regret ever going near them
Why, and any suggestions as to what model has the same functions in big screen, portability and not internet dependant?

Sponsored Links
Okay given ianmcd's views, anyone any suggestions for something else that doesn't rely on internet connection. I've tried trawling thru the net and posts here and just seen to get pointed at Tado, etc. which I don't want or need.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back