Dangerous children's novelty light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There's been talk of tat Chinese imports of late so thought I'd pipe up. I've been asked if I can fix this... Extra low voltage power supply line and neutral pins snapped off leaving them not protruding, but exposed with shutter open, in a child's room. Pins are poor quality and appear undersized.

Sponsored Links
That is the trouble with sleeved pins. Can be considerably more dangerous that the original unsleeved variety.

Never mind - we need things like this to guarantee our way of life and to allow the shareholders of eBay and Amazon etc to prosper from the sale of dangerous tat like that.

And if a child dies - so what - their life was never going to be as important as keeping eBay etc free from responsibilities.

Sponsored Links
I seem to recall another regular contributor to this forum indicated on another thread that CE stood for Chinese Export!!!!

One way is to impose an flat-rate electronics levy on both Ebay and Amazon, on the Polluter Pays principle - that could help regulate the situation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back