Dangerous extension lead you tube video, wonder if reported to consumer protection?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the TV so don't have link, after watching one you tube film the next one shown was from @flameport and it showed a really dangerous extension lead, clearly the video was a warning to those who already had one of these, but it said sold by a UK supplier, so what happened to the stock of dangerous extension leads, one would hope reported and all sized and destroyed, but nothing reported on video so was the consumer protection involved, and what did happen to the stock and the supplier?

Sponsored Links
On the TV so don't have link, after watching one you tube film the next one shown was from @flameport and it showed a really dangerous extension lead, clearly the video was a warning to those who already had one of these, but it said sold by a UK supplier, so what happened to the stock of dangerous extension leads, one would hope reported and all sized and destroyed, but nothing reported on video so was the consumer protection involved, and what did happen to the stock and the supplier?
Many disgusting products are still available on the market.

I know at work a guy tried to get me into trouble by telling the HSE he had reported a fault, I said I had never seen the report, and he answered he had sent a verbal radio message, and the inspector said now he has admitted knowing about the fault and not putting in a written report he could be taken to court.

He was clearly just sturing things.

But be it Big Clive, John or anyone else, once they are aware of a fault clearly some one other that you tube watchers need telling, be it the supplier, HSE consumer protection will vary, but it is easy for an item to be supplied for testing to be totally diffrent to those which arrive after, and a supplier could be unaware of how dangerous the items are.

So wondered what the you tube video makers do when they find a dangerous item other than make a video.

Sponsored Links
and it showed a really dangerous extension lead,
If it's the Astra one from 9 years ago, then that was reported to Trading Standards.
They appeared less than interested, eventually looked into it and might have advised the person selling them to not do so any more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back