Home-made extension leads for Europe.

I once checked in for a low-cost flight, and was over the limit for my hand luggage.

The check-in clerk watched as I stood there, and took items out of the bag (cd player, laptop charger, thick paperback book etc) and stuff them into various pockets.

The bag was then light enough, but I weighed more.

She then watched as I took it all out of my pockets and put it back in the bag...

Anyway - in your position I'd take the 4-gang with a C14 and buy a lead when I got there. You could use a very short cord on the 4-gang and save a bit more weight that way...

Sponsored Links
parents did similar..

handluggage was over, so they paid the excess after thinking that everything was essential..

went through the security check in and were made to throw away 2x 1.5L bottles of water ( it was a long coach trip to the resort the other end ).
demanded that the bags were re-weighed and as they were then under, demanded a refund for the excess weight... then had to spend 6 euros for 2 bottles of water at the foreign airport...

it never occured to them to take the water out when they weighed the hand luggage....

I had reverse I did not take the bottles of water offered as I went to catch plane home from Turkey. I thought if I did need any I could buy some. Once through passport control only thing on sale was duty free and plane delayed for 6 hours and all I could get to drink was Whiskey. Which of course one is not supposed to open. I saw loads of people who had taken bottles of water and it seems there had been no restriction on taking bottled water. Glad early in year just before Easter. Still hot but by this time it would have been a lot worse.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back