Build A NZ -UK Power Lead

Where I am at the moment is that I have got a lead with NZ plug on one end and IEC C13 on the other. I decided on that because I already have a long C13/ C14 lead so that will connect to the mains, then I have a C14 lead that I can wire into a 6 way trailing socket.

That way, I can have a long lead or a shorter one.

I ordered a 6 way block from Amazon that said it was surge protected but when it arrived it wasn't. But it is fuse protected. Ideally, I'd like surge protection, but I can't find a surge protected trailing socket with fuse protection. I will put a 5A fuse in the trailing socket so the 0.75 flexes won't get overloaded. Even though the industry fit appliance plugs with 13A fuses where the flex is 0.75.

So I may compromise and keep the 6 way trailing socket I already have.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
.... I ordered a 6 way block from Amazon that said it was surge protected but when it arrived it wasn't.
Does that really concern you? What sort of things is it going to be used to supply (although, IMHO,, even that doesn't matter much!!).

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Possibly a laptop.
All I can say is that that would not worry me.

However, views abut such things obviously differ - and change - [ some of those who, not so long ago, asserted that surge protection was 'snake oil' are now promoting it :) ]

Kind Regards,m John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back