dashboard symbols y reg renault laguna

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
does anyone know what the symbol a rectangle with wavy line inside and a coil underneath means on a y reg renault laguna.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks ch427,
I'll look into that.When the light comes on the car gives about 20000 revs and the accelerator has no effect.If I stop and restart the car it clears for a while but it is happening more and more frequently.If it is a coil pack is that something I could fit myself?
Thanks again
Pat

Coil packs are easy to change, just like swapping a spark plug.

Problem is that there are 4 of them and they are £20-30 each and generally go in pairs.

You could get one, try it on each plug swapping until you find the faulty one. (I did this on a megane and it worked OK once I had found the duff one).

However, it may not be the coil pack, sticking it on a computer may be the best bet to find the actual fault, either at a local garage or get an OBD interface (or whatever the car takes) and software using a laptop.

I got the ecu read.Codes 325 and 257 throttle position sensor tracks 1 and 2.Guy said to try a secondhand pedal unit in the car.Does this sound about right.

I think thats on the right lines - mind you, throttle pedals get loads of movement and therefore wear, so second hand ones aren't always a long life repair.....but its worth a try considering the price of new ones.
John :)

Pedal from scrappy on.Problem still there.When the car is started from cold it runs fine for about 3 or 4 miles till up to running temperature then problem is back till engine is cold again.

Is it a diesel? If so try cleaning the maf sensor and egr valve. I'd do the gr valve first. Mine used to do that a lot. There is lots of info on Renault forums about that.

Hi dopeydaz
The car is a petrol model.seems to be if I take it for a few miles stop it and restart it while still warm that the problem occurs.I have tried the Renault forums with no luck.seriously thinking of scrapping it.
Thanks
Pat

Sponsored Links
Back