Daxima dripping mixer

Sponsored Links
You’ll probably need to change the whole cartridge.
The blue thing is not a tap washer, as such. The water is turned on and off by 2 ceramic discs, not a rubber washer.

Shame....Bristan can supply them as a pair of valves priced £70....Can I not do anything to fixing the cartridge?

Sponsored Links
Water enters the cartridge through the triangular hole (blue arrow) of one ceramic disc and exits through an identical hole in another disc (red arrow) then exits the tap via the spout.

View media item 44099
As far as I’m aware, no manufacturer supplies spare ceramic discs and it’s almost certain it’s one of these that’s failed.

Bristan can supply them as a pair of valves priced £70.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
That's a pair of cartridges? Or a boxfull??
I daren't tell you how much we buy them for as a distributor.
Hint: That's one hell of a mark-up.

Ironically the tap comes with a 5year warranty but it was installed by a fitter who purchased, so either way I am stuffed!

Thanks for the advice may try and setup a spoof Plumbing company where I will try and obtain a new quote, worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back