DB spares

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get new latches for Merlin Gerin add on DBs? The old style one, brown, with bottom hinge. These have a chamfer to the top of the cover and a square plastic clip that rotates to secure it. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Merlin gerin sold the locks seperate, so you could possibly still get a lock, as for the normal twist catch,that models obsolete so fairly unlikely, an alternative is a lock from RS, but you may need to adapt the cam to fit.
What i do with broken ones is fit a bolt through and nut it up with two penny washers then use a 6mm wingnut to close it.
I assume you mean the green MG board

Think there's one or two in my bosses van tbf but he's on holiday for two weeks.

Desperate for them?

Not 100% sure they're the exact locks you need but they've been in there for years and are branded MG not Schneider

I just wondered how common they were. At work i have been told (by someone just trying to justify her job in "risk") to get an electrician to obtain these. I had a feeling they'd come along and want to replace entire boards. It's a petrol station. One of the DBs in question is for the pumps and will be left open anyway as it's where we isolate the pumps when we shut. The electricians from PHS that did the last inspection used gaffer tape to shut them.

Sponsored Links
Saying that another well known supermarket recently instructed there In Store Techs to not only fix the doors but to use lockable catches, they get theres from a company called Twyvers, they may be able to assist you.
A quick temporary fix is to invert the cover so the flap hangs down and relable circuits :)

th

Yep, loads of MG boards get their lids flipped cos the catches are so rubbish. Good job the cutout for the devices was dead centre!

Im quessing steve has the older enclosures.
They were then replaced by these, the catches were slightly better, but the hinges crap, causing the lid to drop and the catch not engaging.
Unfortunatly Im sure they changed the dimensions so i dont think the covers are swoppable

MG_mgn16de_1.jpg

Yea, you have to take the cover off and give the lid part a good whack to bend the lid almost out of shape to get to catch. Terrible designs all around from such a reputable brand. Insides of them are nice though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back