DB spares (duplicate thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get new latches for Merlin Gerin add on DBs? The old style one, brown, with bottom hinge. These have a chamfer to the top of the cover and a square plastic clip that rotates to secure it. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
One reason my boss used RS components was they had a sourcing service for customers who signed to do a minimum amount of business with them. It upset me as I knew there were cheaper suppliers, but give them their due they did seem to be able to get the odd items we required.

Other suppliers will do the same, but to get that service you need to buy a lot of stuff. Most places I have worked we would spend £10,000 per month and suppliers were only too pleased to help. But to get a one off odd item if your turn over is low, then it is really a problem.

Sponsored Links
If you run a business, do not underestimate the value of "yes, of course, right here, right now" service.

I heard once of a decorator's merchants who charged an arm and a leg for everything. But if you were working overnight to wallpaper an office which absolutely had to be open at 08:00, and at 03:00 you needed to be able to phone someone to get an extra roll of paper put in a taxi and delivered to you....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back