DC 60v 200a Connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I recently purchased a ammeter to measure the amperage of motors connected to batteries. Rather than just put the connections for these which are a lot under the device's maximum, I would like to add a connector that I could use to measure other things in the future. I can create an adapter for my current battery and new adapter for any future use.

The reason I want to do it this way is the leads out are very short so I don't want to be stuck with the one connector I will currently use as it is not rated for the 200a.

Anyone know of a connector that is capable of 200a at 60v DC?

Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
You'll be much better off using a clamp meter at those high currents!

Another option is to use a known length of the supply cable as a current shunt and a volt meter ( or milli-volt meter ) to measure the voltage drop along a length of it.

This method does not affect the operation of the motor and avoids the need for any high current connectors other than the connectors already connecting the battery to the motor

If you know the resistance of the cable between the two meter probe points then use I = V/R to calculate the current.

If you cannot measure the resistance of the cable then use a clamp meter or other means to measure the current and determine the resistance using R = V/I

A low cost ( milli- ) volt meter that always connects to the same two probe points along the cable can have it's scale calibrated in Amps after a clamp meter has given a one off reading of the current.

Thanks for the replies.
The voltage will be 11.1 or 14.8 but the meters range is up to 60v, I will have an on screen display that I need to ensure is reading the correct amps. I seen videos using the inline tester I've purchased which is why I went the way I have.
I can just solder on connectors to match my batteries but I'm just trying to future proof it really.

The clamp meter is a good shout, I could grab one (can never have too many tools or equipment) but I still would like to use this meter at some point..

Sponsored Links
s-l640.jpg
Fork lifts and trucks do use these connectors, however likely better with a clamp on meter.

Back