DC3 Conditional Permission - Is architect right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have planning permission for a two storey rear extension to add an en-suite to the master bedroom and push a current bedroom out into the extended footprint.
I have DC3 conditional approval - with one condition saying "The development hereby permitted shall be carried out in accordance with the following approved plans, xxx-xxx-xxx, yyy-yyy"

In further conversation with my architect he has recommended making the en-suite jack n jill which would enable us to turn the current bathroom into a study/bedroom. He says I don't need to go back to planning as they aren't concerned with internal works, only building regs are.

Is he right?
Or do I need to build as per the plans, then once signed off am I able to make internal changes?

Or do I only need to go back to planning if I make changes that would require planning permission (e.g. change roof line or dimensions of footings)

Bit twitchy.

Sponsored Links
Planning is not concerned in any way with the internals of a domestic extension.
Garage conversions and loft conversions are internal :rolleyes::p

And altering the use of a room from that of an approved plan might concern planners - but would tend to be dealt with by a condition on the approval.

But in the Op's case this type of change wont have any planning implications

Garage conversions and loft conversions are internal :rolleyes::p

And altering the use of a room from that of an approved plan might concern planners - but would tend to be dealt with by a condition on the approval.
Don't be so bloody pedantic, you know, I know, even my bloody cat knows the planners won't give a **** about a poxy bathroom! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back