De Dietrich oven light stays on and fan not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 5 year old DeDietrich double oven pyroclean (don't spose that makes a dirfference but just in case) seems to have thrown a wobbly.

The Yorkshire Puds didn't rise, so....after turning the oven off, the bulb wouldn't go out. I found a little stick thing, size of a matchstick on the oven had broken off, could possibly be the bit that makes the bulb go off when the door is shut. I then discovered the fan isn't going round, hence the puds not cooking, things are cooking, just taking twice as long. There is a strange smell coming from the oven like if you'd got plastic stuck on the element (I haven't)

Is it a coincidence, that I have these 2 problems at the same time? Has anyone any ideas where to start looking? I don't really want to have to replace the oven as our house is up for sale.

Any advice much appreciated.

Just found out the element around the fan isn't warming up either :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I'm aware this is an old post but have just had this exact problem and this reply may help others with similar symptoms. The fault on our de Dietrich dop440x pyroclean oven was caused by a faulty door lock. There should be a small plastic prong beside the door lock, this operates a switch when the door is closed. The prong on mine was broken, so the controls think the door is open. Hence light stays on, and only top element works (grill). I had to fit a new door lock (slightly different wiring) and all was again working perfectly. It's an easy job to remove the oven, remove the top cover and replace the switch assembly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back