Dead lock on upvc door stuck

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My upvc door was locking fine until last night when I tried to lock it, I lifted the handle as usual and all the levers came out ok but when I turned the key it would only turn qtr of the way round and stopped, it appears that the dead lock seems to be stuck and won't come out of the door. I have taken the barrel out and this seems ok. Any ideas of what this could be.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If it works when the doors open the door has dropped

No it doesn't work when the door is open, as I said all the levers work when I lift the handle up but when I try to turn the key when the door is open or shut the key will only turn 90deg and the dead lock won't coke out of the door

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the adjustable (couple of philips screws) rectangular mortise section where the springed latch goes into? Mine worked loose and it just held the spring latch slightly "open" enough for the key not to turn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back