Dealing with steam build up, currently have Greenwood Airvac CV2GIP Extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, our shower room is around 3m x 2.5m.
We always suffered with a lot of steam anyway, but after recently getting a new shower unit installed, it's now gone worse
My partner does take longer in the shower, so I know that's the cause, but that's not going to stop lol

So I am looking to see if there's anything else I can do to help this, such as a better extractor than what we have etc?

We currently have the Greenwood Airvac CV2GIP Extractor, which is on full speed, and pretty loud.
I don't mind if a new one was a touch louder, but really, but as long as it's more effective.

The shower before was just along the left-hand side coming downwards, as opposed to across, as it is now.

I have added some pics where show what it all looks like, plus some of the water build up thats causing a lot of dripping on things such as the radiator, wall etc
You can see on the right of the shower window there is literally water dripping off the wall where it turns in.

I don't want this to start causing damage over time.

20231015_114412.jpg
20231015_114457.jpg
20231015_114547.jpg
20231015_114614.jpg

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
James

Sponsored Links
Is the room door closed when showering?

If yes, the problem may be down to not enough air being able to enter the room to help the moist air be sucked out.

Perhaps try showering with the door slightly open and see if that improves things. If it does, it might be prudent to cut an air vent in to the door.

You may find the settings on this fan user-adjustable.

Otherwise a more powerful (preferably in-line) fan should do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back