Shower extractor fans??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the right section, but here goes......

I need to fit 2 extractor fans - one for above the shower with a light in, and one for a utility room. The utility room is beside the shower with no outside wall, so i am planning to build a small false ceiling in the bathroom that will hold both fans.
Both will be in line.
Was planning a cheap as chips for the utility, and a decent one for the shower. The utility room will just be big enough for a washing machine & tuble dryer stacked on top of each other and will have louvre doors, so pleanty of ventalation.

I will have the fans on seperate circutes to ensure they only run when they need to + timer.

I have looked at a Greenwood Airvac HC115TBK Shower Extractor Fan with Light & Timer. Bit pricey but nice.

Is there a way of joining both fan pipework after the fan so I only have to pop through the wall once? Era there inline back pressure/closure devices i can buy?
My fan wall faces north and when the wind is in the north we get a really cold draught through the fan ducting.

Many thanks
Huw

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't recommend joining the pipes. You could connect each piece of flexible ducting to some rigid flat channel ducting using some duct tape (you don't need to fork out for any adaptor since the round ducting will stretch over the flat duct), and have these go through the wall, one next to (or above) the other through a single square hole in the brickwork which could then be covered externally with a large enough square plate with flaps on it to reduce backdraught.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back