Dealing with Trowel Marks in Ceiling Skim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I've recently had my artex ceiling skimmed smooth. After applying a mist coat I've noticed quite a few trowel marks, some of which are foot or more long. Is there a way I can use fine sand paper or something to smooth out the marks? Also, any suggestions for good/easy to sand fillers?

Cheers,
NS

Sponsored Links
Thanks Roy, I've used some Easi Fill but it appears to have lots of tiny bubbles when drying. When sanding these obviously 'pop' and leave little holes. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Cheers!

Mix it to a paste leave it a while trowel it on then leave it, I have never had a problem with it...

Sponsored Links
Cheers Roy, just wondering how you mix yours? 1:1 water and powder or just start with a little water and add enough powder until it goes into a paste?

Just put your powder in a bucket or a bowl or on a board and make a well in the middle and put your water in bit by bit and stir till you get a nice consistancy .You dont want it so it runs off your hawk you want it a bit stiff but a firm mix...not a paste (that would be too wet ) maybe that is where you are going wrong ! Make it a bit stiffer..(She cried),,,:oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back