Death on the high street. .........leaves me feeling a little sad shattered dreams.

I think the UK will have to continue paying for Harrys security.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
A friend told me that, for valentine's day, her partner would be getting her something from "Brownhills High Street".
"So, it'll be either a spray tan, or a kebab!", she said.

Is this like this in most country's now do you think....
Not in a lot of European countries...

They appear to have a better take on local shopping versus internet shopping.

Not in a lot of European countries...

They appear to have a better take on local shopping versus internet shopping.

You . May be right. India and Sri Lanker won't be affected in the same way.

I think it's not just the Internet but the big super markets and the likes of Primark.

You . May be right. India and Sri Lanker won't be affected in the same way.

I think it's not just the Internet but the big super markets and the likes of Primark.

It's broadly based on Northern / Southern European countries, Germany, Nordic countries, Netherlands etc have broadly the same online shopping habits as the UK.

Anyway, the high street in the UK has been hit hard by out of town shopping centres well before online shopping.

I am sick of going into big retail shops to buy something only to be told they don't have it in stock.
However, if I go home I can place an order on THEIR website to have it delivered to the store free of charge. I can then go to the store and collect it at an agreeable date and time.
When I ask to have it delivered to my home instead, I am told there will be a £9.95 delivery charge.
The crazy thing is, if I order it on line for myself, instead of store delivery, I can get it for the same price with FREE delivery?

And shops wonder why people are using on line shopping!

A friend told me that, for valentine's day, her partner would be getting her something from "Brownhills High Street".
"So, it'll be either a spray tan, or a kebab!", she said.

Despite the downturn, most towns now have scores of kebab shops and other filthy takeaways, regularly open for business but you never see a customer in them.

Despite the downturn, most towns now have scores of kebab shops and other filthy takeaways, regularly open for business but you never see a customer in them.
Fronts for laundering money? I've heard that accusation levelled at hand car washes, as an example....

Sponsored Links
Back