Death on the high street. .........leaves me feeling a little sad shattered dreams.

Fronts for laundering money? I've heard that accusation levelled at hand car washes, as an example....
A lot of takeaway food places have an app or have your phone details and text regularly. The ones you see open now have adapted quickly to smartphone capabilities.
Almost all have free delivery within a radius.

Sponsored Links
Despite the downturn, most towns now have scores of kebab shops and other filthy takeaways, regularly open for business but you never see a customer in them.

You sit and watch customers go into a takeaway.

Sponsored Links
Many countries work hard to keep towns more traditional and looking generally nice.

Some governments support this.

Things will probably get worse here though.

And the rub side is it's not competitive, have you noticed how increà
Yes like look after and encourage local culture and traditions.
We should try that here.

Apart from the fact the link says the EU led Culture for cities and regions initiative ceased in October 2017.

I remember driving through Switzerland in around 2005 and seeing a man in a field cutting grass with a scythe. I joked that he was paid by the tourist office - maybe he was. There is something nice about many Swiss towns, I think it is probably the fact that there is not a Subway, Starbucks, Vodefone and Spoons on every high street.

I remember driving through Switzerland in around 2005 and seeing a man in a field cutting grass with a scythe. I joked that he was paid by the tourist office - maybe he was. There is something nice about many Swiss towns, I think it is probably the fact that there is not a Subway, Starbucks, Vodefone and Spoons on every high street.

Probably hiding loads of the worlds filthy lucre helps.

Sponsored Links
Back