Deathwatch beetles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For the last two weeks I keep finding these beetles in my bedroom that, after a bit of research, appear to be Deathwatch beetles ( think it was the tapping for the last two nights that gave the game away :rolleyes:). Have inspected my bed frame and cant find any holes as such, but can see tiny markings, slightly darker than the wood colour, running in rows with the grain - is this part of the grain or is it nesting grounds?! bought the bed frame second hand but it is not old - max 4/5 years - its unpolished pine- and really cannot afford to replace it at the moment .
If this sounds like an infestation can anybody reccomend a suitable treatment?- (bearing in mind that its a bed so dont really want to be breathing in anything hideously toxic for 8 hours of every day).

Sponsored Links
tumbleweed.gif

if you've got the beatles in ya bedroom, take 'em up penny lane in a yellow submarine and throw them in a strawberry field....

for ever. ;)

beat ya to it....nige f.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back