Decent Quality Mixer Tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had my bathroom refitted less than three years ago. The hand basin mixer tap has just fallen to pieces.

How do I tell a decent quality tap? Have been looking at screwfix - some have 10 year guarantees but there doesnt seem to be many ratings to go by.

I see some taps have 'ceramic discs' and wondered if this makes a decent product? I don't fancy replacing taps every few years.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
@TapMedic might have a few suggestions on that. You need to specify what type of water system you have installed, what pressure do you have, what budget do you have? Do you have isolation valves fitted? What type of property, how many occupants? Ceramic valves are good, especially for elderly, disabled and arthritis sufferers - but not great on gravity fed ;)

A good quality tap is generally in the quality of the cost you are willing to pay. Cheap - it’ll last cheap, expensive it should last. I fit (as specified by my company) iflo ceramic disc taps by Travis Perkins, 10 year guarantee, however when they drip (after about a year) they just issue replacement inserts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back