Deck mount an open side BBQ shelter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just finished laying a new decking area at the bottom of the garden and I was mindful to try and not make areas where water would be trapped and if not then properly treat before fitting.

I now want to build a shelter in the corner to take my BBQ and decking furniture whilst not being used.

I have several designs in mind all with fence posts as the corner supports but I'm wondering how to mount it on the deck without causing a water trap and without using visible protection like Black Jack.

I have seen oak posts which mount to a steel pad and end about 100mm above the ground but they are then concreted in, is there anything similar which would surface mount? But I guess this will have a water trap under the metal mounting pad.

Anyone got any other methods please?

Or do I just have to live with it and regularly drench the area with preserver.

I should mention that the decking has a good drain-off slope built into the construction.

Richard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back