deck stain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We made a big mistake about 6 years ago when we applied a Ronseal heavy duty decking stain to our newly errected deck. Not because there is anything wrong with the product but rather because it needs to be refreshed every other year. It's too late now to do anything other than simply continue with the refreshing business but i would like to ask if anyone out there knows of a deck stain that would last a year or two longer before having to be refreshed.

Sponsored Links
I would've thought something like a deep penetrating oil that soaks into the wood instead of paint treatment on top. Thermo on here may know more about it. I always use Tung Oil on my windows frame and very happy with it.

doesnt do what it says on the tin!

most of the stains are a pain as you are pretty much stuck with them unless you change to a darker stain. I shy away from using them and normally go for oil as its better for the wood. Having said that i have used travis perkins own brand and that has lasted on a job i did for well over 3 years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back