Decking frame queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Want to crack on with the decking in the next few weeks but have some questions.

The frame is going to be supported on a single row of paving slabs at one end (by the house), then the plan is to sink some posts at least 2 feet in to the soil in concrete. But what's the maximum gap I should be doing them between each other? Deck size will be about 3.25m x 5.8m.

Also I plan on having 400mm gaps between joists with noggins every so often. However, due to the height of the back door I want to use 3x2 for the frame so the deck isn't sitting above the door theshold. Do you think this will be suitable? I'm willing to put more supporting posts in if need be.

Thanks very much

Sponsored Links
The short answer is, put enough in so the frame doesn't bounce. Start with the corners nd mid-points, then add more as you test it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back