decking lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all .. Just a quick question to make sure its ok to do.. I have a large decking at bottom of garden with a wooden shed also sits on it.. I want to put a tall lamp onto the decking and feed a 1.5 flex from a three pin plug into a socket with a 3amp fuse in the plug. The flex with run down inside the shed under the decking and along under till up into the lamp..just want to know if this ok to do or has it got to be done with swa cable..the flex will be hidden under the decking..many thanks

Sponsored Links
hi thanks for replying
there is a double socket spured off a fuse connection unit in the shed and a SWA cable running back to the house but not sure where is connect inside .there is not a RCD in the shed. should there be one in there as well with the FCU? if so could i use one of them RCD adaptor which can be plug into the socket and plug the light into that..that cable on the link is the same i got but in 1.5..

Yes the plug in version of the RCD is fine - just make sure you use the test button on a regular basis.
1.5mm ² cable is also fine - just makes fitting it in the plug 'slightly' harder.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back