Decking Oil or Stain

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I treated the legs of my carport with Decking Stain, and it seems to be lasting much better than the cheaper fence stain I use on... the fence, even though the posts are much the same, and it is still translucent and shiny, showing the woodgrain (this might be because it is partially protected from weather by the roof).

I now want to re-treat my garage door, which is softwood T&G. I think I'll use a decking treatment because it seems to last better.

I like to dye it first with a red Mahogany wood dye (Colron or similar) to blend in with the adjacent front door and frame.

Which is likely to be more durable and better looking? Decking Oil, or Decking Stain?

Sponsored Links
I done my shed in creocote and it looks really nice , but does stink.

I bought no nonsense decking oil from screwfix for my decking and it look great and doesn`t smell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back