Decking over concrete patio

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post for me :)

I'm currently building a frame for decking which will be raised over concrete, but I'm struggling with how to go about levelling it. I haven't attached legs to it yet, but I'm concerned as some of the joists sag in the middle. The joists are 3.6m long (quite bad quality, but it seems it's all that's available at the moment) and I've started to place the noggins in between.

My question is, how do I rectify the sagging of the joists, should I be lifting the sagging joist and attaching the legs to it?

I'm completely confused on what to do so any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20200804_135808.jpg
    20200804_135808.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
It seems getting the noggins to sit perfectly square seems to help. I'm clamping the joists which is alleviating the twists in the timber while I fit the noggins. I didn't realise how important they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back