Decking regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has put decking up in his garden which backs onto our garden boundary. There is a stone wall boundary between our properties which is 1.94 metres our side (which would be higher his side) and his decking frame height which stands much higher than the wall is now taking the boundary way over 2 metres. Can he do this? Any advice appreciated. It is an eye sore!!

Attachments

• 20210425_121028.jpg
    20210425_121028.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 193
Sponsored Links
I`d be unhappy looking at that as well and would moan to the council. So by standing on his decking he has a clear sight over the wall yes?

When he stands on his decking you can't see him at all, not even slightly as the wall is higher so was never issue with privacy. And now he's built this monstrocity his side

Sponsored Links
He passed comment over the wall a few weeks ago when he was up his ladder to say he was going to be building some decking and said it will be slightly higher than the wall but this is massively higher and completely ruins the look of not only the wall but our garden. I have called round but no-one answering the door. Going to ring Council tomorrow for advice.

Is that really his wall, with piers on your side of it like that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back