Deep fascias and warm roof installations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat roof which a builder inspected a couple of weeks ago and declared ok for probably another 10 years.

However, the wooden fascia boards are rotting on the corners and I would like them replaced with upvc and at the same time a warm deck installation.

The builder didn't seem too keen on installing the warm deck because the height of fascia boards required will not look 'nice', when the roof was replaced 18 years ago the roofer at the time put another layer of decking boards on making it 2 in total and taking those off would be problem.

We did discuss a cold roof but ruled that out, he is happy to do it and has quoted but I get the impression he doesn't want to influence me either way but if it was his roof he wouldn't want ugly fascia's. The walls in the room are well insulated and I have doubled the size of the radiator and it is quite comfortable in there, not sure how much more beneficial a warm deck would be.

Does anyone know of a 'neat trick' to disguise the look of these fascia's, could it be done from inside, that could be messy the room has plaster coving.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
you could have a larger drip finish from your membrane, that way it will hide the UPVC fascias.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back