EPDM and warm deck is this quote reasonable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I have a flat roof extension to the rear of my house, external wall measurements are 4.50m x 3.50m with one upstand to original building.
Existing decking boards are good so is the felt considering it is 18 years old. No leaks.

I require new UPVC fascia's the original wood are rotting on the corners, a warm deck construction for the winter and firestone EPDM. or felt.

I have been quoted £612.00 for fascia to 3 sides and gutter to one
£1,080.00 for Kinspan 110mm insulation and OSB3
deck
£788.00 EPDM trims and lead flashings
+ VAT

The same job with built up mineral felt with fibre glass flashing have come in between £1.400.00 and £2.400.00

I'm confused any feedback and advice very welcome.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
£157 M2? :LOL:

If the existing deck and felt are sound, it can be overlaid. Decent felt and fascia, circa £1400 excluding access.

Thankyou Xenon,

I agree I won't be paying £3000.

It is a busy business they do a lot of commercial buildings I think they have over quoted because they are not really interested.

The roofer who quoted £1400 wouldn't leave the existing felt on he quoted for new vapour barrier and fibre glass flashings. Just does Felt, Fibre Glass and Mastic Ashphalt. He doesn't like Fibre Glass and wouldn't put Mastic Ashphalt on a wooden deck like mine. No trade association or recommendations though only advert I can find is in our village magazine. No web site either. Offered a 20 year guarantee on the quote but that isn't insurance backed I suspect. However he seemed to know what he was talking about, then again the research I have done on this roof the last couple of years so do I, but I sure has hell couldn't do it.

I think the aesthetic look of rubber against felt is better but would have to have a seam with anything but Firestone I understand. Not sure how that would stand up to Wood Pigeon as big as ducks or my window cleaner.

Hoped to get a pitched roof but the window above is just 2 rows of brick to low.

PS. I was wrong, just found their websight and the red felt looks a good match to my roof tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back