Defective pir or ghosts maybe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could freezing fog drifting across the pir sensor of a security light cause it to activate?:eek:

It's been working perfectly up until tonight, when it has switched itself on twice when no animal or human has been anywhere near it but I did notice freezing fog drifting in front ot it!

Sponsored Links
Could freezing fog drifting across the pir sensor of a security light cause it to activate?:eek:

It's been working perfectly up until tonight, when it has switched itself on twice when no animal or human has been anywhere near it but I did notice freezing fog drifting in front ot it!

yes, yes it could

Sponsored Links
I have some PIRs for the CCTV at home which are occasionally triggered by a black cat lurking in the shaddows

It's possible it might have been a cat or cats, as we have two or three who wander around here, though they would be freezing cold tonight!

My other half says she'll sleep easier in her bed tonight after I told her I was informed on here that it might well have been the freezing fog :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back