Delay start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hoover Washing Machine Nextra Optima. Model No HNL7166 -80.
The machine continually comes up with "Delay Start". Th is is regardless of which cycle its on. The filter is clean and the impeller is free. Any help would be much appreciated. :cry:

Sponsored Links
:idea:

Hoover (Nextra series) washing machines

The 'Start' & 'Pause' LED's will flash together to indicate the error code. You have to count the flashes within each 15 second period to get that error code. The start and the pause LED's will flash together at 1Hz (i.e 1 flash per second) within that 15 second time frame, then will continue and show again within another 15secs and so on.

1 Flash = Interlock fault
2 Flashes = Fill time-out
3 flashes = Drain time-out
4 flashes = Overfill fault presure pipe blocked
5 flashes = NTC error
6 flashes = faulty control board
7 flashes = Motor jammed
8 flashes = Tacho fault
9 flashes = Motor triac on module board
10 flashes = Prog Selector or wiring fault

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I will check the error codes later and hopefully will be a simple and cheap solution :p

I have 5 flashes. NTC error. Is this the temperature thermistor fault? I haven't got the manual with this machine. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Typical. So pleased to find this list of error codes. Go to machine and count the flashes...... Eleven.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back