Dell D610 conected via RGA to LCD TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have connected my Dell Lap Top via an RGA lead to my TV.
Toggling Fn & F8 I got the display on one or both screens.
I have now done something & on the TV I am only getting the windows image wallpaper, not what I am seeing on the laptop.
I have tried many combinations & re booting & googling cannot find the settings.
I am in control panel>display>settings
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
You haven't somehow set the TV as a 2nd 'extended' display have you in the settings? this way your laptop will be left hand side and the TV the right. (hence the seeing of a backgroundbut no icons.

Usually there may be a Nvidia or ATI icon by your clock in the taskbar (may have to show them if hidden). There are options in there for this. Think you need to set the screen as 'Clone'.

If not then in the normal display properties you should have some similar settings. Doing a 'detect or identify' in the display properties may help you too. Laptop screen should be display '1'.

Also make sure your resolution and possibly refresh rates aren't too high for the TV too as this causes issues. (try 1024x768 or 1280x1024).

From the HP laptops we use at work, we usually press Funtion and F4, but as you say, prob diff for different brands - Think you can also press Windows key and 'P'.

Yes, the tick box which says "Extend my windows desktop..." on monitor 2 will have been ticked. Untick it.

Sponsored Links
Brill...many thanks.
I had tried downloading new drivers (as suggested elsewhere), these had over written what I had previously set.
So following your suggestion, I went to the driver & set it as clone.

========
Igorian..I had been trying what you suggested, made no difference, thanks for advice.
Steve
===========

Back