Delta Milwaukee drill press - Pillar Drill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbour has an old Delta Milwaukee drill press which is an old pillar drill. It has a massive motor at the back, with about 5 stage pulley system driving the drill. There is a cast cover over the front pulley which has the "DELTA MILWAUKEE" badge on the front. There are various set screws to adjust the level and travel of the drill chuck. It is 240V so it is an export model.

Has anybody any knowledge of this drill -is it worth anything as working or a collector's item ?

Sponsored Links
A good solid bit of kit, in a different class to the oriental crap we have to buy today.....very heavy though so collection only if it goes on ebay.
A Meddings drill made around the ton recently, but some just go for the scrap value.
John :)

Has anybody any knowledge of this drill -is it worth anything as working or a collector's item ?
As a working model, yes. As a collectors piece, probably not. unless it'
s pre-1930 and very old-fashioned looking. 220 volt motors aren't uncommon in the USA on industrial machinery. Dealt stuff was sold here in the 1950s and 1960s through firms like Parry's

BTW the brand is Delta, the place of manufacture is Milwaukee - so it's a Delta drill, made in Milwaukee

Sponsored Links
Great - my neighbour is 90, so retired late 1980's. He brought it home from work because they were having a clear-out in his workshop a few years before he retired. So it is probably 1950 -60's. I'll tell him the info.

Mind you, he was most offended when I suggested he could sell it - he said he still has a few things to do on it. He still drives so going strong, although he has given up ladder work, he said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back