Deltabell plus wiring confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have an enforcer V10 panel and currently the deltabell wireless bell box.
I am going to replace it with the deltabell plus, I want to know if it can be powered up just from the panel?
Or does it also require a PSU in order for the backlight to light up at night?

I have run the alarm cable from the box into my loft just need to know if I can just connect them together and it will work.
I have seen that a resistor has to be fitted and also another diagram with just a link.
Can I also ask about SCB or SAB links not sure on what mode is required.
Does the panel need programmed or does it work from being wired?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Ok from panel delta plus 300ma delta e 250ma , you have to program zone on panel for tamper input ...

Is the tamper just if the cover is removed?
Would the bellbox still work and sound if it wasn't programmed for tamper or wired?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that reply.
That information that's out there is just not clear enough for people that are not alarm engineers that work with it day in day out to do something that is simple and have confidence it will work.
The manuals contradict themselves for example the tamper, in one diagram needs a wire link the other a resistor. There is nothing mentioned about programming the tamper.

If anyone can clear this up, please see pictures of contradicting information towards the LED enable jumper. To me one look like jumper applied and the other removed.
Also if the deltabell plus has to be SCB mode due to the current draw does it still have the back light function and Leds flashing in this mode? Or does it need to be in SAB mode with an external PSU?
Thanks.

IMG_20181117_232559.jpg
IMG_20181117_232522.jpg

Thank you, I did aswell then when reading up found other info so just double checking.

the two diagrams contradict each other, did both come with the unit?

best way to be certain is to power up and check if the LEDS are working and if not move the link over.

I would expect a hardwired bell the default is LED's on, but I don't fit this bell.

The top picture is the one that came with the deltabell plus the other was found online, both say they are deltabell plus manuals.

the two diagrams contradict each other, did both come with the unit?

best way to be certain is to power up and check if the LEDS are working and if not move the link over.

I would expect a hardwired bell the default is LED's on, but I don't fit this bell.

If I wire up to test, then disconnect after testing would the siren go off?

I don't fit this bell box but in general.

bell boxes tamper may go off if pressed and released once powered up, if you have the battery turned on, removing power usually triggers the bell box.

sometimes when you wiring up you may here a short loud firing of the piezo.

you may want to secure the tamper before wiring up, then undo it after removing power.

I will wire up for test beside the box.
I will keep the lid up so the tamper is not activated.
If I remove the wiring after test will the siren go off? If it does how do you turn it off to make sure that it won't be blaring when finally fitting the box.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back