Demolition of double garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a garage in our garden that is an eyesore. It was originally built from breezeblock. I think this was then rendered to match the house. I guess that at some point the roof fell in because when we bought the house the whole garage had been clad in industrial metal cladding, probably to hold it together & tidy it up. The roof has always leaked and the timbers are rotten, as are the wooden doors. There are major cracks in the breezeblock walls. There is an old metal inspection pit sunk into the garage floor. We have never used it as a garage for obvious reasons :LOL: just for storing junk. We are considering getting someone in to demolish it but leaving the base behind. We would like to fill in the pit and then pave over the base to create a patio area. Does anyone have a rough idea of what we should expect to pay for the demolition & removal of garage please? I'll post some pics. The garage is 9m x 4m.

Sponsored Links
a couple of skips £350.00 and a days labour for two men!
dunno £500 in total would be reasonable i suppose.

Wow, you work for cheap wages there! ;)

Two skips would cost £300 alone here.

£175 quid for a skip here!
£75 quid each for a couple of guys to pull it down seems reasonable to me.

Sponsored Links
9m x 4m is a fair old lump! Shifting some of the gear could take some dismantling time. A days wages minimum for two good bod's is fair.

It may take three skips at 9m x 4m.

I'd still be happy to pay that. I was expecting it to cost more like £2k! Thought it'd need a mini digger & large lorry.

removal should be free..
the sheeting you can stack and leave out for the scrap man, or take them to a scrappy yourself and cash them in..

the blocks should be saved as whole as possible and used to fill in the majority of the inspection pit..

couple of rowdy kids off the street, sledgehammer, gloves and goggles each and tell them to have a blast... most early teenagers have a destructive streak and would love it..

Wow, never thought of scrap value - Cheers! :D

There's a 'rag n bone' bloke always nosying around here with his horse & cart looking for scrap for cash. I did consider using some of the blocks for the pit though, plus we need a bit of hardcore when we gravel the front garden to make it stable for the occasional car to park on.

I love this site. You guys are so wise :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back