Finishing brick wall in garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single brick garage which i want to have for multi-purpose use. Sometimes if we are hosting a big part it will be nice to use the garage. I have tiled flooring. But the walls are a bit of an eyesore at the moment as it's just bricks. I can't really plasterboard on top of it as the cold and moisture will ruin it. Can anyone tell me what are my options? I don't want to spend a lot on it either. One option I am thinking is possibly rendering it and then just painting it. Can render stick to the brickwork directly or does some sort of mesh need to be applied? Other option which i'm not sure if it will work is what if I put wooden battens and then stick the PVC cladding to it? will that work? I know PVC cladding says internal use only. This is not really external but not really internal in terms of weather.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Just paint the brickwork. PVC cladding (a) looks cheap (b) will trap any damp in the wall & possibly cause mould buildup (behind the cladding where you can't see it but you will smell it). Render would work, mesh not usually required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back