Dent Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20160228_224249.jpg
Just got back from a 120 mile round trip to calm my daughter down. She's gone back to Uni tonight after a weekend at home, and somehow managed to collide with a post on the campus, putting a large dent in the N/S rear panel of her car. (3dr Corsa C) Technically, with its age and general condition, its not worth chucking too much money at, but I would like to try and see if I can tidy it up a bit for her if possible.

Picture was taken in the dark, apologies for quality. Any tips to try and sort it out would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What a shame! Anyway from what I can see its a panel nudge rather than a crease - but we can't see the sill.
A bodyshop (cash waved, naturally) would pull this out with either suckers or bladders from the inside or both and would make pretty short work of that, and if you had the interior trim out then so much the better.
As for the door, can't see the damage but a replacement from a breaker could be the way to go.
At the end of the day it depends on how much the car is worth to you both - personally I shy away from DIY attempts as the metal just gets stretched but you could press a fair bit of the bruise out by hand - if you can get behind it!
As for the paint, some of it would cut to some degree but it looks like metallic.
John :)

Sill is fine from what I can remember, slight dent in door, but it'll match the other side. (Which incidentally was damaged when she bought it.) I might see if I can have a go at it, she's off to Turkey for 2 weeks at the end of April after finishing her first year at Uni, so I can have the car for 2 weeks.

Suckers are about £3 from S/fix, nothing ventured nothing gained. It's a bit battered and bruised, but still a lovely little car to nip about in. For £1000, she's had 15000 miles out of it already, and is quite attached to her little car.

Sponsored Links
Sure, you have little option but to bash on yourself.
If you can get behind the rear wing you can push it out to some degree......curiously enough I've had some success with one of those round string mops on a short shank - no sharp edge to dent!
Enjoy......
John :)

It'll give me something to do. :D:D Doubtful I'll get any thanks, but I still live in hope she'll look back in a few years time and think, 'he was good to me....' :rolleyes:

Back