Dented/Scratched brand new bifolds!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just had an extension built with white aluminium bifold doors out on to the patio/garden. I have been a complete muppet and upon getting home and seeing them for the first time I have opened them up without removing the keys, causing the below damage when the doors have concertina'd together. Does anyone have any advice on anything I can use to touch up the scratch or anything that can be done about the dent? I really am in my wife's bad books so any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Any better now?

I was thinking maybe putting some white epoxy over each of them and then when it's set, rubbing it back with some very fine grit wet/dry paper.

You can probably use the same technique as for car body repairs. Since it's not at eyre level you shouldn't need a prefect finish.
It might even be worth getting chips away or dent devils in for a quote!

Sponsored Links
In your first pic the damage is mostly confined to what I think is the corner fillet that would be removable for fitting a new DG unit, so it might not be too costly to replace that.

In the second the dent is clean and even and the suggestion to ask Dents Away isn't a bad one.

Alterntively find a sticker and cover them up.

You can probably use the same technique as for car body repairs. Since it's not at eyre level you shouldn't need a prefect finish.
It might even be worth getting chips away or dent devils in for a quote!

but it is at ire level.

;)

Any better now?

I was thinking maybe putting some white epoxy over each of them and then when it's set, rubbing it back with some very fine grit wet/dry paper.

I doubt that you would be able to sand polyester filler without scuffing the surrounding area though. That said, you could just respray the whole stile bit colour matching the shade of white might be difficult.

sorry, but it is unlikely to be five minute job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back