depth to go with 10mm pipe in floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to add a radiator to the downstairs but the floors are solid and I will have to run plastic coated pipe under the floor. Can someone tell me how deep I need to go with 10mm pipe and how far apart does the feed and return pipes have to be from each other under the floor?

Sponsored Links
Just enough so that they're covered will do and they don't need to be apart.

I'd channel around the perimeter of the rooms and use plastic ducing, and 15mm pipe.

Thanks for your reply andygasman.
I take it you mean run the 10mm plastic covered pipe through the 15mm pipe. Is that what you mean.

Sponsored Links
My system is micro bore and all in 10mm. Should I use 15mm pipe from 20mm feed up to new radiator and then reduce to 10mm??

Sorry, I assumed you were repiping your whole house. You're right, use 10mm to match the rest of your system. 10mm kutalex is fine, the flow/returns don't need to be apart and cover them with mortar making sure not to toch any bare copper with it. I'd say an inch of mortar would be more than adequate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back