Derating Grant Oil Combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone had any experiance on derating a Grant Vortex Oil Combi?

Heatload for my new house is looking likr 16Kw and the smallest they do is a 21Kw but reading the book of words it can be derated. Seems to be a air disk change, but no mention of nozzle size. Seems odd.

Sponsored Links
Bear in mind that if you reduce the output to heating you're also reducing the output to hot water on oil boilers. 16kW is going to give you quite poor hot water performance - it's one of the many reasons why oil-fired combis are rarely recommended and a heat-only boiler and cylinder setup is preferred

Is that right? Never thought of that? Guess you have to balance out between rating etc. I guess its better to have it working in condensing mode for efficiency and forgo some short cycling.

You can do it by using a smaller nozzle and changing oil pressure and air and if you ring riello up they will tell you what pressure and nozzle size to use but you'll need someone with a FGA to check the readings and efficiency.Bob

Sponsored Links
My mistake but you can easily derate any oil boiler by nozzle and oil and air it's quite simple to do and get a friendly oil man to check it with a FGA and you're away.Bob.By the way there is no need for abuse on this forum after all we are only tryingto help.

Just remembered knew a lad once he was a karate expert but a bit dimm,he joined the army but
he killed himself with his first salute.Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back