Descaling a combi boiler

Hi, in reply to some of the posts here, yes for sure, dont mess around with your boiler if it is gas, that is not a good idea unless you know what you are doing, mine here is oil.

As for being ripe for replacement? its only four years old, so no chance of a sale yet I am afraid :LOL:

As for the acid used to descale my heat exchange, yes it was just kettle descaler and I know it is fairly mild compared with the stuff the professionals would use, this stuff worked though, I filled up the system that I had constructed with the kettle descaler and left it pumping backward through the heat exchange for an hour as I recall.

It worked, I am sure other stuff works quicker, but this stuff did the job and was quick and easy to get hold of and rid of (another consideration).

Thanks for the comments about my effort, I am glad I have helped some of you thinking along the same lines.

Sponsored Links
A lot of posts have mentioned that the X800 can be used directly in the CH and run for a few days. Can the DS40 be used the same way? i.e. filled in through an upstairs radiator an dteh CH system run for a couple of days instead of using a powerfllush machine?

The reason I would prefer to use the DS40 is that a lot of people have mentioned that DS40 is better at removing sludge.

my boiler is a potterton performa 24i HE.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back