Descaling Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Biasi combi boiler and my plumber says the D.H.W. heat exchanger is clogged with lime scale. He has had little joy getting a replacement. Does anyone know what i could use to descale it myself. Can you use ordinary household descaler. I know how to get it off.

Thanks
Sean

Sponsored Links
Kettle descaler is usually citric acid, just what you need.

Sponsored Links
;) :LOL: yep, i tell ya what , posting in this forum, you have to have ya wits about ya, .....which reminds me
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

or ;)

kevplumb said:
oilman said:
Kettle descaler is usually citric acid, just what you need.

formic acid you mean :confused:

Er ...........no............I mean't CITRIC acid. Alright, I know, there ARE formic acid descalers, just as there are sulphamic acid descalers, but why have a relatively safe chemical around when you can have a toxic one? Er......... or perhaps the other way round.........

Hard water here too, difference is, when I fancy a refreshing drink I can make some lemonade (with a little sugar), what does formic acid taste like? (DON'T TRY IT, ONE OF IT"S EFFECTS IS KIDNEY DAMAGE!!!!!!! Another is a useful explosive if you have some hydrogen peroxide about. Have you ever sat on an ants' nest? Or is ant squeezing a cottage industry in your neck of the woods?)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back